The Oven has baked its last loaf. This blog is no longer being updated.

My cooking videos appear at youtube.com/janeragavan

I write on food at star2.com

Love and hate bring out the passion for muffins

Saturday, June 22, 2013

PASSIONFRUIT & WHITE CHOCOLATE MUFFIN TOPS  
I'm not a fan of muffins. They seem to be confused about who they are: Are we cake? Are we bread? Scones perhaps? 
I'm not sold on white chocolate either. After all, anything that calls itself something that it isn't is just masquerading.
Despite using the word in the post title, I don't "hate" muffins or white chocolate. They're just not the first things I think of when I want to make or eat something.
But I love passionfruit. Sour and sweet all at the same time.
And when I put what I love with something that I'm not crazy about, the love seems to get spread around and the result is quite appealing. 
The muffin mix can also be made into a loaf cake
I followed this recipe for passionfruit and white chocolate muffins, and the only change I made to the batter was to swap half the melted butter for sunflower oil.
And then I used a jelly cake pan as a mould for a slightly different shape (I guess any little thing helps to take my mind off the fact that these are muffins!). The leftover batter was baked in a mini loaf pan.
I think my icing was a little runny, so it isn't pretty. Other than that though, I liked how this turned out.
* * *
This post has been a long time coming. I have been out of blogging action for a while because I have been so busy with work and too tired to do much of anything else. It's hard to get back into the swing of things when you've been out for a while, and this is one of those times.
Also, I think I have been consuming too much sugar in the form of cakes and sweet snacks and this has some bearing on my current lack of energy. Because I've had little time to prepare my own meals, I have just been grabbing a quick bite of unwholesome – though tasty – food when I can, which, again, isn't beneficial for my well-being.
Having said that though, I don't expect to stop posting on the sweet stuff!

1 comment:

  1. I am not a fan of muffins either although it is quite easy to put together...I much prefer cupcakes which are more delicious:D Your muffins looks like cupcakes though.

    ReplyDelete

Your views are welcome and appreciated. Have a nice day!