The Oven has baked its last loaf. This blog is no longer being updated.

My cooking videos appear at youtube.com/janeragavan

I write on food at star2.com

Start the day pretty

Monday, October 25, 2010

Mos Kit
This is a six-serving "Mos Kit". It is the breakfast served at Maison Moschino in Milan, Italy, which I was fortunate enough to be a guest of for three nights last week. (I was there on a working trip; I could never afford to stay anywhere so posh on my own ringgit!)

The picture was taken at the Clandestino Milano restaurant at 7am and with the camera on my mobile phone, so it is not as clear as I would have liked it to be. But it's obvious that this kind of breakfast makes a very good start to the day: lots of fresh fruit, eggs, orange juice and – what's not shown in the picture – a selection of seeded and wholewheat breads. Breakfast also comes in four- and eight-serving Mos Kits.

The meal is presented in a white glossy plastic box with a lid which looks like a shoebox. When the server brings it to the table, he/she will place it in front of you and open the lid to reveal the delightful spread. The bread comes in a smaller, separate box. The first morning I had the breakfast, I was very impressed. The following two days, I wasn't surprised any more, but still enjoyed the meal tremendously.

Maison Moschino is a pretty hotel with an interesting history. Its official website has some information but few images, but if you're interested, click on this hotel industry site for pictures. Here's a better picture of the Mos Kit breakfast from the site.

Eight-serving Mos Kit

The rooms are done up in various concepts and there are fashion-related items all around the place. This is what the restaurant looks like (again, taken with my phone):

Clandestino Milano restaurant at Maison Moschino
More about what I ate in Italy, and my visit to a Parmigiano Reggiano producer, in a future post. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your views are welcome and appreciated. Have a nice day!