The Oven has baked its last loaf. This blog is no longer being updated.

My cooking videos appear at youtube.com/janeragavan

I write on food at star2.com

Juliet gets bagged

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Baggies filled and ready for collection.
Crazy Juliet, the sandwich business Veggie Chick and I started, served its first sandwiches two days ago. I have to admit that this endeavour kept me nervous and preoccupied for a while and I have not been focusing as much on the other things I should be doing. But it's a relief now that the first one is out of the way.

The picture above shows the paper bags with our logo on them. We made a rubber stamp and all, proof that  we're mighty serious about this venture. Here are a couple more pictures from assembly day.

The big seller: Thyme roast chicken, marinated red peppers and coriander pesto in a wholemeal bun.
Don't worry, I washed my hands! VC getting a shot of me placing onion jam on top of the grilled eggplant and focaccia.

We put up our menu for next Monday yesterday (selections: chicken loaf; cola beef; and egg medley) and there is still interest so looks like we're in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your views are welcome and appreciated. Have a nice day!